Homemade Simple Syrup
Simple syrup (essentially sugar water) is the easiest way to add a little sweetness in cocktails without compromising the texture and overall quality of a drink. In addition, sugar has the natural power to bring flavors of fruit and vegetables forward in a cocktail. These abilities make simple syrup a staple not only at our bar but at our homes too.
This homemade simple syrup is really easy to make and does not have all the preservatives a store bought bottle might have.
- 2 cups White Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan
- Bring to a boil while occasionally stirring so sugar dissolves completely
- Cook for about 5-10 minutes or until the liquid thickens just a bit
- Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool completely
- Pour in a glass container and keep refrigerated (good for up to a month)